"Start small, think big!"
Make just one positive health change today. Maybe eat one more fruit or vegetable, take the stairs or schedule a checkup with your doctor. Make another positive change tomorrow and the next day. Before you know it, youâ€™ll have made significant progress toward a healthier you and a healthier community.
- Wash Hands & Cover Coughs and Sneezes
- Increase Physical Activity
- Keep Vaccinations up-to-date
- Stay Tobacco Free
- Eat Healthy
- Almost 900,000 people die from deaths that can be prevented each year.
- Nearly 34% of all adults are obese.
- The average child gets less than 15 minutes of vigorous activity a day.
- Nearly 21 percent of all adults smoke cigarettes.
- Many children consume half their daily calories while at school.
- For the first time, American children may live shorter lives than their parents.